Saturday, May 10, 2008

First Entry

My mother gave me this special journal to write about my experiences at Hogwarts this year. She said that I could use it to share my experiences with new friends, and I hope that she is right.

This is my second year at Hogwarts (in Slytherin of course), and I am settling my roommate situation as we speak. It sounds as if one of my roommates doesn't like snakes, which is sad. I love reptiles and will miss my pet lizard, Cupric, who will be staying home while I am at school. Maybe he could visit since he isn't a snake.

I am really looking forward to Potions. I have been studying my copy of Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage extensively and am particularly looking forward to making a Hair-raising Solution. For my additional classes that I am taking this year I am adding Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. Arithmancy in particular looks fascinating.

I hear that people have begun getting their owls to tell them who their partner will be for this term . Unfortunately I am not home though, so I will have to wait to find out. We are taking mother to the ocean for Mother's Day and a special treat before the start of term. We should return tomorrow night though, so I will find out then.

No comments: