Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Jade is even the sister of my swap pal last term, Olive Bladvak. The only problem is that I keep finding her watching me suspiciously. I wonder what Olive might have told her about me...
Thursday, September 25, 2008
1. At the beginning of the book, Cornelius Fudge is talking to the Muggle Prime Minister. Which member of the Order of the Phoenix has recently been found dead?
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Monday, September 22, 2008
I didn't spend much time on the grounds though, since I have volunteered to help with the grading for first year potions. Good thing that it is a subject I love, because it is taking way more time than I was planning to spend on it this term. Guess it is time to go back to work though. They just had their first test on Friday, and I should have everything graded and ready for the Professor to look through by this evening.
Monday, September 15, 2008
- Do you knit and/or crochet: yes both
- How long have you been at your craft? 4 years/2 years
- Do you spin? yes
- What type of spinning do you do (drop spindle or wheel)? wheel
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in? sewing, drawing, painting
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I like wool and cotton a great deal.
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? mohair in significant quantities
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? I am curious about the Berroco Comfort sock yarn.
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I really like hats and socks. Portability is awesome.
- What are you currently working on? An afghan for my brother's wedding
- Anything you plan to start this autumn? socks and maybe a new Slytherin item (vest or socks, undecided)
- What is your favorite Finished Object? (Please, post a picture if you would like.) I am probably most proud of my sister's wedding shawl, but among those I use and love I would have to say my Slytherin Quidditch sweater.
- Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I would like to improve my fair-isle skills (very rudimentary) to do Latvian mittens
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Potter Name: Matilda Edgecombe (though you can call me Mati)
Rav ID: omly
I am allergic to: um, mold
Pets that I have: an african fat-tailed gecko
My favorite yarn: don't know that I have one
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? NA
My favorite flavor: mint
My favorite holiday: Halloween
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) surprise me :)
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: turbo addi (needles or hooks), clover soft touch (hooks), or metal circular needles in general
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: not really, but I tend not to be a fan of bamboo (KP harmony are okay though)
I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?) 3
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? nope